1. 28th March 2009 was declared Smurf Emancipation Day by the Central Gargamel Party. However, in the months since then, Smurfville has been under military lockdown and smurfs have not dared to speak out…
2. During the holy smurf month of Saga Dawa, a daring protest by a small group of smurfs carrying home-made banners and illegal flags has broken out!
3. After 50 years of harmonious oppression, the smurfs could no longer remain silent and risked everything to peacefully protest against the abuses of basic smurf rights.
4. Suddenly a huge shadow rose from Beijing’s golden mountain and fell upon the smurfs, brutally breaking up their peaceful protest – oh no, wait – is it a bird, is it a flying saucer, is it Superman? – It’s our Dear Loser Gargamao!
5. Seeing the Dear Loser Gargamao rising from the dead sends the smurfs into a panic – even a nearby cyclist crashes to the ground on seeing the ghostly apparition!
6. YOU SMURFS WILL NEVER BE FREE! SMURFVILLE IS AN INTEGRAL PART OF THE GARGAMEL EMPIRE! YOU WILL NEVER ESCAPE MY SHADOW – NOT EVEN THE CYCLIST! WHEREVER YOU GO – I WILL HAUNT YOU FOREVER! MUAHAHAHAHA!!
7. On hearing the threats coming from the ghost and feeling the strength of resistance passed down through the smurf generations, the smurfs retaliate against the Loser Gargamao!!
8. Astonished passers-by are stunned by the courage of the smurfs, protesting in the face of grave danger!
9. Under the leadership of Papa Smurf, the smurf protestors vow to carry on their struggle.
10. What will happen to the smurfs? Where will their struggle take them to? Can they ever escape Loser Gargamao’s shadow? Will they ever regain their freedom?